Position: Deputy Grants Administration Manager
Reports to: Grants Administration Manager (GAM)
We are a non-profit organisation supporting and empowering civil society and independent media across Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We believe civil society is the key driver of social change, and work to ensure it has the resources, flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region. We are looking for an energetic and organised colleague with an interest in the region and our mission to join our Grants team.
• Assist the GAM in preparing and managing the grants team budget and cash flow management
• Provide support to the GAM during audits (statutory, donors)
• Assist in developing internal guidelines and procedures
• Develop, improve and maintain internal control mechanisms for the team
• Assist the GAM with compliance, risk assessment and donor requirements
• Provide training and mentorship to grants officers to ensure compliance with internal protocols and check financial reports
• Ad-hoc assistance to the team in contracting and in reviewing financial reporting from grantees
• Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure data reconciliation
• Share responsibility for managing the team with the GAM
• At least three years of experience in grantmaking in civil society or media
• Experience in project and budget management is a plus
• Managerial experience is a significant plus
• Excellent MS Excel skills is a must, experience in managing databases is a plus
• Basic literacy of accounting and reporting requirements (to support the team when reviewing financial reports)
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies
• Strong time management and organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of Russian is a plus. Knowledge of Czech is not required
The position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is based in our office in the centre of Prague. The expected starting salary is 50,000 CZK per month with the possibility of adjustment based on the seniority of the candidate.
The Centre provides 25 days of annual leave, contributions to language courses and other professional development opportunities, and a friendly, international work environment.
Interested candidates should fill out the application form, where you will submit (in PDF format) your CV in English and a maximum 1-page motivation letter explaining how you fit the criteria and what strengths you bring to the table. , The motivation letter should include contacts for two references who can provide feedback on your professional performance. The application deadline is June 7, 2023.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Preference will be given to candidates with access to the labour market in the Czech Republic. Incomplete applications (including applications without a motivation letter) will not be accepted. Should you have any questions, write to us at email@example.com