The Prague Civil Society Centre is hiring a Finance Officer to join our growing Grants team.
The Prague Civil Society Centre is a non-profit organisation supporting and empowering civil society and independent media across Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We believe civil society is the key driver of social change, and work to ensure it has the flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region. In the face of difficult conditions, the Centre emphasises creativity, innovation and technology as the cornerstones of a sustainable and diverse civil society.
The Finance Officer will be part of the Grants team and will report to the Grants Administration Manager. In particular, the Finance Officer will be responsible for:
• Supporting the development of the annual grants budget and monitoring its actual performance;
• Collecting, organising and presenting quantitative and financial data, including financial reporting based on donor requirements;
• Maintaining and further developing finance monitoring tools and databases;
• Reviewing and analysing grants budgets in order to advise the team on expenses standards, trends, potential concerns, and on compliance with donor financial requirements;
• Supporting and mentoring the team on finance issues related to grants management and financial reporting requirements;
• Contributing to the internal controls and compliance of the Centre;
• Providing support during audits;
• University Degree in Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant field;
• At least 3 years of relevant working experience;
• Experience with financial management of grants and/or financial reporting of grants is an asset;
• Fluency in written and spoken English required. Knowledge of Russian is an advantage;
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office), in particular of MS Excel;
• Strong organisational and analytical skills;
• Proactive, ability to work independently and prioritise tasks;
• Reliability and accuracy;
• Ability to work in a multi-national team, patience and team spirit;
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission of the organisation.
The position is a full-time (40 hours per week) role based in our headquarters in central Prague. The role comes with a competitive salary and 25 days of annual leave. We would also consider a part-time arrangement with flexible working hours.
Interested candidates should complete the candidate information form, including their English CV and motivation letter in PDF form, by November 30, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview to take place in December 2021. The expected start date is January 2022. Should you have additional questions, contact us at email@example.com.
*The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.