The Prague Civil Society Centre is hiring a Finance Officer to join our growing Grants team. We are a non-profit organisation supporting and empowering civil society and independent media across Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We believe civil society is the key driver of social change, and work to ensure it has the flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region. In the face of difficult conditions, the Centre emphasises creativity, innovation and technology as the cornerstones of a sustainable and diverse civil society.
Tasks & Responsibilities: The Finance Officer will be part of the Grants team and will report to the Grants Administration Manager. In particular, the Finance Officer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of the annual grants budget and monitoring its actual performance;
- Collecting, organising and presenting quantitative and financial data, including financial reporting;
- Maintaining and further developing finance monitoring tools and databases;
- Reviewing and analysing grants budgets in order to advise the team on expense standards, trends and potential issues, as well as on compliance with our donors' financial requirements;
- Supporting and mentoring the team on finance issues related to grants management and financial reporting requirements;
- Taking part in the internal controls and compliance procedures of the Centre;
- Providing support during audits.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University degree in Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant field;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with financial management of grants and/or financial reporting is an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Knowledge of Russian is an advantage;
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Office and MS Excel;
- Well organised with strong analytical skills;
- Proactive, ability to work independently and prioritise tasks;
- Reliability and accuracy;
- Ability to work in a multi-national team, patience and team spirit;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission of the organisation.
About the position:
The position is a full-time (40 hours per week) role based at our headquarters in central Prague. The role comes with a competitive salary and 25 days of annual leave.
Interested candidates should fill out the application form and submit their CV and motivation letter here. The application deadline is August 31, 2021 Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org