The Prague Civil Society Centre is looking for a Local Consultant in Armenia. The role will be part-time, based in Armenia, initially for a period of 12 months with the possibility of extension.
The consultant will be selected based on his/her experience and knowledge of political and societal developments in the country. The candidate will be asked to prove the scope of his/her in-country network, both in the capital and in regions within media and civil society organisations, social entrepreneurship initiatives, online and offline activism, etc.
The Prague Civil Society Centre is a non-governmental organisation supporting and empowering civil society across Eastern Europe, the South Caucasus and Central Asia. We believe civil society is the key driver of social change and work to ensure it has the flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region. In the face of difficult conditions, the Centre emphasises creativity, innovation and technology as the cornerstones of a sustainable and diverse civic ecosystem.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
The Local Consultant will work in close cooperation and under the direct supervision of the dedicated Senior Programme Officer, namely to:
• Discover and report on new initiatives, projects and actors whose work could be relevant for the Centre’s programmes.
• Provide input for the Centre’s country strategy and propose new directions of work.
• Monitor activities of the groups running projects and social businesses supported by the Centre in Armenia, and provide regular feedback and assessment of their work.
• Contribute to the assessment of applications for the Centre’s programmes received from the country including content and context assessment, information verification, and reference checking.
• Provide logistical support to the Centre’s staff during country visits, make introductions and arrange meetings.
• Submit written reports and media digests upon request.
• Attend events and meetings in the country on behalf of the Prague Civil Society Centre.
Qualification & Requirements
• At least two years’ experience and a proven track record in a relevant field, e.g human rights, activism, social entrepreneurship, or international development cooperation;
• Analytical skills;
• Fluency in Armenian and English (essential), good command of Russian is a plus;
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word and Excel), cybersecurity literacy, experience with managing databases;
• High level of personal integrity, impartiality and professional honesty;
• Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, ability to deal with diverse groups of people;
• High level of self-organisation, reliability and diligence in approach to work;
• Readiness and flexibility to travel within Armenia and to the Centre’s headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic.
We are a young, dynamic, yet well-established and highly respected organisation. In the role of Local Consultant in Armenia, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the Centre’s strategy on Armenia and affect decisions on funding and programming. You’ll also participate in our annual staff retreats in the Czech Republic.
The role is part-time (up to 20 hours per week) with flexible working hours.
Interested candidates should complete the application form, including their CV and motivation letter in PDF form, by September 30, 2021. Please include in your CV the contacts of three people who can provide a reference. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview in September. The expected start date is October/November 2021. Should you have additional questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.