The Prague Civil Society Centre is looking for a Local Media Consultant in Ukraine. The role will be part-time (10 hrs per week), based in Ukraine and will serve to enhance the in-country presence of the Centre’s media programmes. The initial cooperation will be for a period of eight months.
The consultant will be selected based on his/her experience, reputation and knowledge of the media landscape in Ukraine, as well as the political and societal developments in the country.
The Prague Civil Society Centre is a non-governmental organisation which supports and empowers civil society and independent media across Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Since the beginning of Russia’s large-scale invasion of Ukraine, the Centre has granted over 100 million CZK (€4.2m) to over 100 media and civil society partners in Ukraine. Our media partners range from the most well-known national media to small local outlets, including those on the frontlines providing people affected by the invasion with vital information and news regarding their homes and region.
The Local Consultant will work in close partnership with the respective Programme Officer, namely to:
• Monitor media projects supported by the Centre, maintain contact with the media outlets and provide regular feedback and assessment of their work.
• Contribute to the assessment of grant applications from Ukraine, including content assessment, information verification and reference checking.
• Submit written reports and media digests upon request of the Programme Officer.
• At least three years’ experience in media or related areas;
• Knowledge of Ukrainian media market;
• Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word and Excel), cybersecurity literacy;
• High level of personal integrity, professional honesty and objectivity.
The role is part-time (up to 10 hours per week) with flexible working hours.
Interested candidates should fill in the application form, including contact information for two references and salary expectations along with motivation letter and CV in PDF format.