Job vacancy: Media Impact Officer (formerly advertised as Audience Research Officer)
Reports to: Director of Outreach & Communications
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
The Prague Civil Society Centre supports and empowers civil society and independent media in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. As a grant maker and capacity-building organisation, it’s our job to make sure activists and journalists, many of whom work in the region’s most repressive countries, get the support they need.
The Prague Centre supports a wide range of independent media projects ranging from major brands, exiled outlets, niche projects and social-media driven initiatives spanning from Poland to Kyrgyzstan and everywhere in between. Our partners are active on web, YouTube, Telegram, Instagram and other social media. Many face sustained attempts to block their work. The Media Impact Officer will help them boost their audiences and realise their full potential.
As the Media Impact Officer, you will be responsible for developing a quantitative results framework to track the progress of our media partners, develop meaningful metrics and research tools to understand their audiences and contribute to strategies to help them reach broader audiences.
• Develop a framework to assess performance of independent media projects supported by the Centre;
• Support Project Officers to interpret and understand audience research and digital metrics with data and analytics;
• Contribute to impact assessment of grantees;
• Prepare analytical reports based upon survey data and qualitative research and information provided by the Centre’s grantees;
• Present research findings to internal and external colleagues and advisors;
• Support the collection and distribution of digital performance measures each month;
• Commission research, external evaluations, focus groups, tenders for service providers etc. as required;
• Provide feedback to independent media grantees and help strengthen their internal capacity to collect, process and analyse data
• 2+ years of experience in media research and/or digital journalism
• 2+ years of experience in using media analytical tools performance analysis tools
• Understanding of research methods and strong critical thinking skills
• Excel, MS Office
• Proficiency in English
The position is full-time (40 hours per week), and is based in our office in the centre of Prague. The salary for this position is competitive for the NGO environment. The Centre provides 25 days of annual leave, contributions to language courses, and other development opportunities.
Interested candidates should fill out the application form, where you will submit (in PDF format) your CV in English and a maximum 1-page motivation letter explaining how you fit the criteria and what strengths you bring to the table.
Assessment and interviews will take place on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found (preferential start date September 2023 or earlier).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Preference will be given to candidates with access to the labour market in the Czech Republic. Incomplete applications (including applications without a motivation letter) will not be accepted. Should you have any questions, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org