Job Title: Outreach and Partnerships Officer
Organization Name: Prague Civil Society Centre
Location: Prague, Czech Republic (temporary remote work possible in the beginning due to the Covid pandemic situation).
Reports to: Head of Outreach and Partnerships
Application Deadline: April 19, 2021
The Prague Civil Society Centre supports and empowers civil society and independent media in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. As a grant maker and capacity-building organisation, it’s our job to make sure activists and journalists, many of whom work in some of the region’s most repressive countries, get the support they need.
With your excellent writing and communications skills, you’ll be responsible for reporting the Centre’s work to our donors, communicating their requirements to the team, and drafting new funding applications. It’s a position that involves plenty of writing, a flair for communicating complex issues in simple ways, and an ability to adapt messaging depending on the audience.
You will play a key role in ensuring the Prague Civil Society Centre is able to carry out its mission, contribute to the management of grants worth millions of euros, and be part of one of the most innovative and exciting grant-making projects focussed on Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
You will work in our office in the historic centre of Prague, but may begin remotely due to the pandemic.
In this position you will:
- Become the point of contact for a number of the Centre’s donors (currently USAID, the Czech and Swedish governments, European Commission, and private foundations);
- Complete reporting for the Centre’s donors, meeting established deadlines and responding to ad-hoc requests;
- Work closely with the Finance Team, Grant-making Team, and Capacity Building Team to collect data, case studies and stories for reporting;
- With support from the Head of Outreach and Partnerships, contribute to the development of fundraising proposals for new projects in line with the Centre’s mission;
- Support the Centre’s fundraising efforts by preparing reports, policy papers, briefings, and updates for current and prospective donors;
- Manage the production of the Centre’s annual report and work closely with the Communications Officer to produce relevant content;
- Travel as required to present, brief, and update donors and prospective donors on the work of the Prague Civil Society Centre;
- Attend relevant events and represent the Centre as needed.
You'll need to:
- Have excellent English language writing and speaking skills (native level). We want someone who will dot the i’s, cross the t’s (and won’t forget the j’s);
- Know how to communicate clearly and effectively to a range of audiences—the job will require writing for, and speaking to, government officials, peer organisations, and civil society representatives from Eastern Europe and Central Asia;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds—we’re an office of 10 different nationalities;
- See the bigger picture, work to competing deadlines, and prioritize effectively;
- Have an understanding of, and interest in, the political and social context of Eastern Europe and Central Asia—some experience in the region is desirable.
- Good Excel, Prezi or PowerPoint skills.
- Experience writing successful grant proposals, particularly for the European Commission.
- Experience working for an NGO/foundation/development sector.
- Some Russian language ability.
- Awareness of digital security issues and ability to communicate through secure means of communications.
- The right to live and work in the Czech Republic.
Please send your CV, cover letter, and no more than two samples of your writing (if you have them) to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19, 2021.