Job Title: Programme Officer
Organization Name: Prague Civil Society Centre
Location: Prague, Czech Republic (temporary remote working possible on agreement with manager due to the Covid pandemic situation).
Reports to: Programme Director, Innovations and Campaigning
Application Deadline: Monday, March 22, 2021 at 11 pm CET
Do you want to make a difference? Is Eastern Europe and Central Asia your thing? Does working with some of the most exciting, inspiring, and creative activists and professionals in this region sound good? If so, the Programme Officer position at the Prague Civil Society Centre could be just the job for you.
As a Programme Officer, you will empower established and emerging organisations and initiatives in the region, connecting them with experts in innovative approaches in communication, technology and business. You will support community building across the region by organising events serving as a source of inspiration, motivation, knowledge and experience sharing and solidarity. You will play an integral role in a dynamic team, helping us support the region’s changemakers.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Developing and organising capacity building activities (including financial management), online and offline workshops, hackathons, conferences, mentoring programmes, etc.
• Building trusting and productive partnerships with civil society groups across the region.
• Building a network of professionals in the field of creative IT, media and business who will support civic activists.
• Actively learning, testing and applying new tools, approaches and methodologies.
• Contributing to the organisation’s strategic planning.
• Writing and evaluating project proposals and project reports.
• Closely following political developments in the region and their effect on civil society.
• Travelling to the region.
• Representing the Centre’s programmes at international meetings and events.
Qualification & Requirements
• Degree-level education in a relevant field, like humanities, social sciences, business, communication or East Europe/Russia studies.
• At least three years of experience in a non-governmental organisation or any relevant agency (such as development cooperation) or experience in IT/marketing/campaigning/business with focus on civil society issues.
• Fluency in English and Russian is essential. Knowledge of Czech is not required
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word and Excel), cybersecurity literacy.
• Experience with programmatic and financial management and reporting.
• Digital marketing and/or design skills are an asset.
• Ability to travel to the countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
• High-level of self-organisation, reliability and diligence in approach to work.
• Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, capacity to work in a multi-national team.
• Understanding of political issues and trends in the region of the former Soviet Union.
• General understanding of closed societies, civil society issues, and familiarity with civil society networks and individual activists in the region.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the Prague Civil Society Centre.
How to apply:
The role is full time (40 hours per week). The Centre can provide visa/relocation assistance to successful candidates if needed (details can be discussed at interview stage).
Interested candidates should send their CV (no longer than two sides of A4), a covering letter (no longer than two side of A4) and at least three references (not older than three years) from employers, colleagues and/or other professional contacts to email@example.com. Unfortunately, due to the expected number of applications, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. The deadline for submitting your application is Monday, March 21, 2021 at 11 pm CET.