Job Title: Grants Programme Officer for Independent Media Portfolio
Organisation Name: Prague Civil Society Centre
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Reports to: Senior Programme Officer
Application deadline: July 15, 2022
The Prague Civil Society Centre is a non-government organisation supporting and empowering civil society and independent media across Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We believe civil society and independent media are the key drivers of social change, and we work to ensure they have the flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region.
The Programme Officer will join our Grants team, managing support to independent media organisations in Eastern Europe. This role will be full-time, based in our office in central Prague.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Developing and managing the media portfolio in collaboration with the Senior Programme Officer.
• Developing assigned country/thematic expertise. Tracking political developments and the situation of independent media in the region.
• Evaluating project proposals, monitoring project activities and assessing their impact.
• Working with partners to develop their skillset and potential in cooperation with other programme teams of the Centre.
• Conducting monitoring visits and research in the field.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• University degree in journalism, media studies, human rights, relevant area studies or other related discipline.
• At least 3 years of experience in media/media related field and/or relevant civil society work, or experience with a donor organisation.
• Experience with project management and reporting is an asset.
• In-depth understanding of political and social issues and trends in the region of Eastern Europe; direct in-country experience is an asset.
• General understanding of closed societies and societies in transition, as well as familiarity with practices and trends in the independent media landscape.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Russian (fluency in both languages required).
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word and Excel).
• Advanced cybersecurity literacy.
• High degree of self-organization, reliability and initiative; excellent communication and relationship building skills, ability to work in a multi-national team.
• High level of personal integrity and commitment to the mission of the organization.
How to Apply:
The role is full-time (40 hours per week). The Centre can provide relocation assistance to successful candidates if needed (details can be discussed at interview stage). Preference will be given to candidates already residing in the Czech Republic or the EU.
Interested candidates should fill out the application form by July 15, 2022. Please understand that we will not be able to accept incomplete applications and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.