Job vacancy: Outreach & Partnership Officer
Report to: Head of Outreach & Partnerships
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
The Prague Civil Society Centre supports and empowers civil society and independent media in
Eastern Europe and Central Asia. As a grant maker and capacity-building organisation, it’s our job to
make sure activists and journalists, many of whom work in some of the region’s most repressive
countries, get the support they need.
With your excellent writing and communications skills, you’ll be responsible for reporting the
Centre’s work to our donors, communicating their requirements to the team, and drafting new
funding applications. It’s a position that involves plenty of writing, a flair for communicating complex
issues in simple ways, and an ability to adapt messaging depending on the audience.
You will play a key role in ensuring the Prague Civil Society Centre is able to carry out its mission,
contribute to the management of grants worth millions of euros, and be part of one of the most
innovative and exciting grant-making projects focussed on Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Become the point of contact for a number of the Centre’s donors (currently USAID, the Czech, Swedish, British and Finnish governments, European Commission, and several global foundations);
• Complete reporting for the Centre’s donors, meeting established deadlines and responding to ad-hoc requests;
• Work closely with the Finance Team, Grant-making Team, and Capacity Building Team to collect data, case studies and stories for reporting;
• With the support from the Head of Outreach& Partnerships contribute to the development of fundraising proposals for new projects in line with the Prague Centre’s mission;
• Support the Centre’s fundraising efforts by preparing reports, policy papers, briefings, and updates for current and prospective donors;
• Travel as required to present, brief, and update donors and prospective donors on the work of the Prague Civil Society Centre;
• Attend relevant events and represent the Centre as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Have excellent English language writing and speaking skills (native level);
• Know how to communicate clearly and effectively to a range of audiences - The job will require writing for, and speaking to, government officials, peer organisations, and civil society representatives from Eastern Europe and Central Asia;
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds – we’re an office 10 different nationalities;
• See the bigger picture, work to competing deadlines, and prioritize effectively;
• Have an understanding of, and interest in, the political and social context of Eastern Europe and Central Asia – some experience in the region is desirable.
• Good Presentation software &, Excel and Word skills
• Experience writing successful grant proposals,
• Experience working for an NGO/Foundation/Development sector;
• Awareness of digital security issues and ability to communicate through secure means of communications;
• The right to live and work in the Czech Republic.
How to Apply:
The position is full-time (40 hours per week), and is based in our office in the centre of Prague. The salary for this position is competitive for the NGO environment. The Centre provides 25 days of annual leave, contributions to language courses, and other development opportunities.
Interested candidates should fill out the application form, where you will submit (in PDF format) your CV in English, a maximum 1-page motivation letter explaining how you fit the criteria and what strengths you bring to the table and no more than two samples of your writing (if you have them).
Application deadline: September 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Preference will be given to candidates with access to the labour market in the Czech Republic. Incomplete applications (including applications without a motivation letter) will not be accepted. Should you have any questions, write to us at email@example.com.